I realized this last night and I’m a fucking nerd but honestly
it helped me to think about it like this
because I don’t wanna be on the side of the Wall
I am Cherokee and I believe this is an amazing photo, what I see is a beautiful young woman who respects the Native American tribes. Our tribes are proud, strong and brave with authentic values that live beneath our imperfections. Some of our tribal members are artisans and make these to sell to the “white man,” so why then condemn when we promote the sale… personally my opinion is we are all created equal, we are one nation under God and that includes this whole world so I honor you Christina Fallin for standing up and standing proud when others choose to throw stones… John 8:7
7) So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
- cherokee people DO NOT EVEN WEAR WAR BONNETS, its not part of our culture at all.
- women don’t wear war bonnets even within the culture they actually are from.
- you seriously don’t look cherokee, and you quoted the bible to defend cultural appropriation (both of which are tools of colonialism), so you’re probably not actually cherokee.
- don’t use my peoples name to speak over natives and defend crap that we, as a community, oppose.
So, Lisa - can I call you Lisa? Calling you Dr. Christiansen seems a bit… off, considering that the school you list as having bestowed that prestigious title upon you doesn’t seem to have your thesis available through Proquest and offers no doctorate in Psychology, Exercise, or Nutrition.
In fact, it offers no PhD in any field.
It doesn’t now.
It didn’t in 1998, when you claim to have received the degree.
It never has.
We know that the claims of your education are… dubious. I can’t say one way or another whether or not you are, indeed, descended from Sequoyah, but I’m sure one of our resident Cherokee will be along shortly to question you.
Oh—you wouldn’t date a girl who’s ever been a stripper?
In that case, I wouldn’t date a guy who’s ever been to a strip club.
Oh—you wouldn’t date a girl who’s ever done porn?
In that case, I wouldn’t date a guy who’s ever watched porn.
You’re the reason we exist.
You’re the demand to our supply.
If you disdain sex workers, don’t you dare consume our labor.
As they say in the industry, “People jack off with the left hand and point with the right.”
Pudge turns 3 tomorrow. That means he can buy doggie booze and run for office.
It was a special barkday. He got Bernie’s Burger Bus patty for lunch. And a homemade banana pupcake for dinner.
Happy birthday to the magnificent Pudge!! Lots of love. xoxox
Judith Lewis Herman